Friends, we are so excited to be apart of Dr.Lynne Kenney and Wendy Young’s #StressLessSummer series and their new book Bloom! We will be posting their beyond as part of our international #StresslessSummer series with these awesome resources @happysuperfoods, @kellycairns, @sueatkins, @kidlutions, @nutritionistjan, @littlejots, @positivfamilies, @braininsights, @thespicyrd, @mommyperks and more…Each week look for new posts and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Pintrest!
Here are Dr. Lynne’s tips:
1. Create a carefree free attitude. I mean really, why are we still rushing? Take the time to slow down, talk more slowly, walk more slowly and just be plain silly this summer. Summer is made for fun and exploration. So ditch the treadmill and feel carefree:).
2. Stay on a bit of schedule. It will help you get back to school with greater ease. Your home does not have to be totally schedule-free. You can still say up and at-em before noon. If you have teens let em sleep in a touch then make breakfast with them when they get up and going.
3. Find the time to exercise. We added morning family bike rides to our schedule and it helped us to bond, exercise and get those happy hormones going.
4. Eat all the fresh food you can. Berries, greens and local produce will add a spring to your step.
5. Get your sleep. Get to bed at a reasonable hour most evenings. Sleep matters tons in reducing stress.
6. Take a nap. Naps are really great for brain calming, so climb under those covers guilt-free.
7. Play outside. Rain or shine, getting out of doors is a sure way to enjoy the summer hours.
8. Delegate. There is no reason for you to have to wash every dish and do every single load of laundry. Summer is a great time to teach the kids new skills!
Bloom: Helping Children Blossom is the newest book written by Wendy Young and Lynne Kenney, for more visit www.kidlutions.com and www.lynnekenney.com. Together, we can help children blossom.
* * * * *
Emily Roberts MA, LPC is the clinical therapist for the Neurogistics Children’s Program. She has worked with Neurogistics for over a decade. Emily is also an award-winning author of Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Becoming Who You Are, Psychotherapist, TV & Media Contributor, educational speaker and parenting consultant. Express Yourself is available at bookstores nationwide and on Amazon. To learn more about Emily click here.
14,269 total views, 6 views today