Did you know that supplements can change your brain chemistry? If you ever find yourself having difficulty focusing or concentrating you aren’t alone. These problems plague millions of Americans every day. We rely on our cognition and focus to help us stay alert and alive. The right supplements can not only improve focus and memory but rebuild your brain chemistry.
It may surprise you that your concentration issues have to do with your gut health. Your brain and your gut are closely connected due to the neurotransmitters your body needs to perform. When your body has an imbalance of necessary neurotransmitters, your cognitive functions suffer. You can improve brain chemistry and balance by taking the proper supplements of the neurotransmitters your body is lacking. Personalized and supervised, the best way to get your mind back on track and find out what supplements you need is to test your neurotransmitter levels.
5 Supplements to Improve Focus and Memory
Once you know your neurotransmitter levels and which supplements are most important to improve focus and memory, you’re on track to having a healthier and more balanced brain. Here are some of the best supplements to take to improve focus and memory, and overall brain health.
- Omega-3: These essential fatty acids play a crucial role in optimizing your brain chemistry and neurological function. Low levels of the dominant omega-3 DHA in the brain is closely associated with cognitive decline and issues with concentration and focus. Supplements and a Mediterranean-type diet high in fish can prevent memory loss and improve focus and memory.
- Vitamin B: B Vitamins are essential to prevent memory loss and boost cognitive function. Folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 reduce your body’s levels of homocysteine, a toxic amino acid that increases risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- L-theanine: L-theanine is an amino acid that crosses the blood-brain barrier and increases dopamine, serotonin and GABA. Aside from its anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects, l-theanine reduces mental and physical stress, improving focus and memory.
- DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA): DLPA is an essential amino acid that exists in 2 forms: D & L. They can be found naturally in protein-rich food and promote the production of catecholamine neurotransmitters such as dopamine, that enhance mood, sleep and other cognitive functions.
- L-Tyrosine: L-tyrosine is an essential amino acid that forms DOPA, which is then turned into dopamine and norepinephrine, helping with mood and motivation as well as cognitive and mental functions. You can get l-tyrosine from your diet through meats, eggs, and fish.
If you have questions, please, email us or sign up for your free self-test here. We look forward to helping you feel focused and filled with energy this year.
* * * * *
Emily Roberts MA, LPC is the clinical therapist for the Neurogistics Children’s Program. She has worked with Neurogistics for over a decade. Emily is also an award-winning author of Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Becoming Who You Are, Psychotherapist, TV & Media Contributor, educational speaker and parenting consultant. Express Yourself is available at bookstores nationwide and on Amazon. To learn more about Emily click here.
8,644 total views, 2 views today