Healthy snacks are vital for fueling your brain and body, but it can be hard to get the nutrients you need when you’re feeling rushed. Don’t let lack of time keep you from caring for your body and mind. These healthy snacks are ready to eat, are non perishable and can keep you and your kids feeling fueled even on the busiest of days.
Many prepackaged foods and “healthy snacks” are filled with additives and hurt your health. But we’ve got you covered. We’ve tried these snacks and have fallen in love with several, our kids have too. Many can be found on Amazon or Thrive Market at half the cost (compared to our local markets).
It can be hard to stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day unless you snack or get a hearty meal every 3-4 hours. When your system doesn’t get the nutrients it needs you are more likely to feel anxious and unfocused. For optimal energy, blood sugar and brain chemistry, a snack with protein, healthy fat and carbohydrates is an ideal combination. But when you’re on the go, it can feel impossible to make good decisions or feel confident in what’s in your food.
When looking for healthy snacks, make sure you and your kids are getting your nutritional needs met. That means finding gluten-free, dairy-free, or nut-free options if needed and making sure you don’t have to stress about storing them. These are some of the healthy snacks I like get eat when in a hurry.
Our Favorite Health Snacks For Busy Families
3. Munk Pack Oatmeal Fruit Squeeze Pouch, Peach Chia Vanilla, 4.2 oz, 6 Pack. Get a boost with these oatmeal fruit squeeze pouches. Made with all real fruit and 100% whole grain oatmeal, these pouches are gluten-free, GMO free, vegan and kosher! Even the pickiest of eaters can get behind these delicious vanilla and oatmeal flavors. This healthy snack is great for kids and adults who need to get a burst of energy on their way out the door or in between errands.
4. Epic All Natural Meat Bar, 100% Grass Fed, Bison, Bacon and Cranberry, 1.5 ounce bar, 12 count. Snack bars are usually filled with sugar, but not these. One of our nutritionists loves these bars as they are filled with protein. Epic’s Bison Bacon Bars are 100% grass fed buffalo and are a great source of iron, vitamin b12, and omega-3. Plus, they are gluten-free and paleo friendly!
5. Biena Chickpea Snacks – 2oz Grab & Go, Sea Salt (pack of 6). You can’t go wrong with delicious chickpeas. These roasted chickpea snacks are full of flavor, protein and fiber without sacrificing any flavor. They’re not only made with natural ingredients, but they’re also GMO, gluten, dairy, and nut-free for the most sensitive of diets. Who knew roasted chickpeas would be so delicious?
6. Sahale Snacks All Natural Nut Blends Grab And Go Variety Pack (1.5 oz x 12 Packs) with 2 x 2″ Snack Clips. Packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats, nuts are a great snack for on the go. Sahale Snack’s All Natural Nut Blends Variety Pack aren’t just great snacks, but they’re delicious. They come with different flavors to try from: cashews, pomegranate and vanilla; fruit and nut blends; almonds, cranberries, honey, and sea salt; almond and berry macaroon; raspberry cashew mix; and mango almond mix. These snacks are gluten free, kosher and pack no trans fats or GMO’s. These delicious nut snack combinations use no sulfates, preservatives or artificial ingredients.
7. Pumpkin Tree Organic Oat Crush, Mango/Passion Fruit, 4.2-ounce pouches (Pack of 8). These pouches are organic, vegan, and incredibly delicious. Made with whole fruit and oats, they’re an easy way to squeeze a little extra energy into your day. Made with pumpkin, this snack is full of flavors for when you need a snack on the go.
Get Healthy Snacks Delivered To Your Home
Don’t have enough time to go get your healthy snacks or search your store for these great finds? The Thrive Market has competitive prices and delivers like Amazon for a whole lot less than you local store. Try some of the amazing trail mixes or other healthy snacks with amazing prices. Register for free, and with your first purchase, start a free 30-day membership trial. Seriously, just watch how you save money. Join for $59.95 a year and get amazing savings on some amazing healthy products.
* * * * *
Emily Roberts MA, LPC is the clinical therapist for the Neurogistics Children’s Program. She has worked with Neurogistics for over a decade. Emily is also an award-winning author of Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Becoming Who You Are, Psychotherapist, TV & Media Contributor, educational speaker and parenting consultant. Express Yourself is available at bookstores nationwide and on Amazon. To learn more about Emily click here.
6,766 total views, 4 views today